Episode 8: Doing What You Love Using Your Intuition
Welcome to the Intuitive Pathfinders podcast with Astrologer Dawn and Catherine Yunt. On today’s podcast, we are going to be talking about using your intuition to find and do work that you love. To listen to previous podcasts go to IntuitivePathfinders.com, where you can also find Astrologer Dawn’s and Catherine’s personal website information, which have other useful resources and information on how you can book a Consultation!
We host a one hour live podcast on the first Wednesday of each month at noon, Arizona time, where you can ask us questions. The next live broadcast is coming up Wednesday, April 5th.
Questions to ask yourself for this episode:
- Are you unhappy, dissatisfied, or not engaged at your job?
- Do you believe that you have to stay in a job that you do not like because of XYZ reason?
- What stops you from pursuing a career that is right for you?
- Are you ready to find the vocation that you love, using your intuition?
We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
“Doing What You Love Using Your Intuition” Episode Highlights
- 1:25 Are you satisfied in your job? In a 2013 Gallup Poll it was discovered that 78% of the US population that work are dissatisfied, unhappy or not engaged with the work for which they are paid.
- 4:45 How do people form limiting beliefs around work? Most of us have grown up in society that tells us that we have to go to work and our parent’s have reinforced this concept.
- 8:49 Finding yourself in a job that isn’t working for you is sometimes a lesson that needs to be learned through experiencing what you do NOT want to be doing!
- 11:30 The mechanics of work include having transportation, clothing, making or buying lunch, keeping your opinions to yourself, and time to prepare for work, get to and from work, and being at work. We do all of these things just to we can show up, make money, and survive an often toxic environment.
- 13:24 Catherine tells about her experience of finding jobs while her husband was traveling in the service.
- 14:03 Dawn shares jobs she’s had in the past.
- 14:29 How do we go from spending time making money doing something we don’t like, to making money doing something we love? Follow your intuition in order to get into a vocation with which you are fully aligned.
- 14:59 The Tahiti Exercise – Take making money out of the equation and then you will know what you are wanting to do for your career.
- 18:00 Fear stops many people from doing what is fulfilling for them in their vocation.
- 21:57 Starting a business by following your intuition.
- 25:27 Tools to figure out what would be your best intuitive path to a suitable career using astrology, numerology, intuition, and other resources.
- 30:27 Having faith and trusting in the guidance of your intuition to follow your heart into a career that you love. You will receive confirmation that you are on the right path!
- 31:45 Watch the movie, Field of Dreams, “Build it – [they] will come.” – Kevin Costner
- 32:05 Poem by Joseph Campbell, writer, lecturer best known for his work on mythology and comparative religions.
If you do follow your bliss,
you put yourself on a kind of track
that has been there all the while waiting for you,
and the life you ought to be living
is the one you are living.
When you can see that,
you begin to meet people
who are in the field of your bliss,
and they open the doors to you.
I say, follow your bliss and don’t be afraid,
and doors will open
where you didn’t know they were going to be.
If you follow your bliss,
doors will open for you that wouldn’t have opened for anyone else.
- 32:40 Card of the Week: The Empress Card from the Thoth Tarot Deck by Aleister Crowley. How can you tap into your creativity and passion to grow your intuition around the work that is correct for you? Pay attention, have faith, and doors will open.
- Contact Astrologer Dawn and Catherine Yunt with your questions and comments, or if you need guidance. Find out more at IntuitivePathfinders.com.
- Book: Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robbin
- Book: The Life You Were Born To Live by Dan Millman
- Book: Do What You Love and The Money Will Follow by Marsha Sinetar
- Book: How to Find The Work You Love by Laurence G. Boldt
- Book: Building Your Field of Dreams by Mary Manin Morrissey